Should I study here?

I heard IUMW is UM’s private tertiary institution. What benefit can I gain if I choose to study here?

@rmn_t, I think you can help this?

Hi @xweilee123

I think I can help as I have friends at IUMW. This new private university is a result of partnership between Universiti Malaya and University of Wales in the UK. Take note: although IUMW is managed by UM, their pre-university courses cannot be used to gain entry to UM. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Ever since UM got its autonomy privileges it has decided to re-focus — UM to focus more on postgraduate studies and research and let their private university which is IUMW take care of the undegraduates. If you have been to UM campus, you’ll notice that the number of undergrad students have somewhat dwindled.

Although it’s relatively new, I think about 2-3 years old, IUMW has faculties in Business & Law, Arts & Humanities, Health & Social Sciences; and Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics.

Last time I checked their fees were like RM36,000 for Malaysian students and RM60,000 for International students.

1 Like

Got photos of the campus? Does it look nice?

1 Like

true, like @Hani, I’m also curious of how it looks. Never been there. Found out about it through this forum too.

Hi guys, I am a foundation student from IUMW and I have been loving the college so far. IUMW is a joint venture of Universiti Malaya and University of Wales. The courses are basic whilst the degree students can get the chance to study in the UK for their last semester. There are variety students of different countries that studies here. We get all access to UM’s facilities; library, sport center, tennis court, etc. Totally loving the friendliness in the campus and academic wise, I believe our students are in good hands. We have our own lecturers, Universiti Malaya’s and also University of Wales’. Not to forget, IUMW’s fees are really affordable too. They even offer scholarships for foundation studies (I am taking the scholarship.) Check out their website, http://iumw.edu.my/ :smile:

Wow access to UM facilities? I didn’t know that @BeatriceSerendipity so when you graduate from IUMW do you get two certificates (1 from UM and 1 from University of Wales)?

Hi xweilee123,
I am a student of IUMW, UM’s private university. The campus is in KL, Jalan Tun Ismail.
There are lots of unique facilities of studding in this uni which you will not get nowhere else.
Like:

Special Facilities

UM’s teachers, UM’s Stuff, all UM’s campus facility including library, accommodation, gymnesium, Uni of Wales’s teachers etc.

Dual Award

Another Unique facility is “DUAL AWARD”. As you know, the name is International University of Malaya-Wales, So we have partnership with Wales. We have teachers from Wales also.
You can have a chance to go to wales to finish your degree also! Or you can complete here in and get dual degree.
The campus is really beautiful and people are very helpful.

Need to know

International University of Malaya-Wales (IUMW) is a mutual partnership between the University of Malaya and the University of Wales, which has more than 200 years of combined academic experience.

IUMW is the first university in South East Asia to be accepted as a member of the United Kingdom’s Higher Education Academy (HEA), a renowned British body for learning and teaching in higher education.

Leveraging on both universities’ outstanding achievement, together with our own band of academicians, IUMW offers an array of undergraduate and postgraduate courses to both local and international students. We aspire to be a comprehensive research-oriented university, recognized for its innovative teaching and learning, research, social services and education management.

Thank you,
Any question, feel free to ask.
I would be glad to help you.
Yours truly,
Asm Rashed Kamal

1 Like

Hi, in my opinion, the main criteria that you have to look into when you’re choosing an university are:
a.) Quality of lecturer
b.) Environment of university
c.) Distance and duration needed to arrive at the university
d.) Accommodation (whether it is near to your university or far apart?)
e.) Places to eat (Everyone likes food!)

If all the criteria met your desire, go ahead!

Education can get anywhere under 1 roof certified by governments

expecially the quality of lecturer which they lack in faculty of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics. plus the Dual award will cost you about 12k