Shopping malls nearby UCSI - there are 4!

Do you know that within just 10 km from our campus, there are at least 4 shopping malls where you can hang out? Leisure Mall, one of the longest standing shopping mall in the area, is just 7 minutes drive away. Opposite of it is another mall named Ekocheras, which is opened recently in this year.

Travel a little further towards city centre and you’ll find Sunway Velocity, my favourite place for shopping and food. From there, MyTown is located only 2 minutes away. And guess what, MyTown is actually connected with Ikea Cheras, so if you need a new piece of furniture for your room, here is where you can get it. Otherwise, perhaps you could just stop by for some Ikea meatballs. That’s what I do all the time. :laughing:

The best thing here is that all these places that I have mentioned are accesible with MRT. Jump into a feeder bus at the bus station near our campus and you’ll be able to get to the nearest MRT station. Take the Sungai Buloh line and make your way to any of these great shopping spots. Here are the stations that you should get down to access to each mall:

Taman Mutiara: Leisure Mall, Ekocheras Mall

download%20(1)
Maluri: Sunway Velocity

mytown
Cochrane: MyTown

Recently, I have just made my way to Ekocheras Mall during a 4-hours break between my classes. Guess what, I was so tempted with the new arrivals of fashion clothing there and ended up buying a few pieces of dresses and blouses. :laughing: I also noticed a number of newly opened dessert shops there like Mykori and SoftServe but I managed to hold myself back from spending too much on a single day. Anyway, I’ll definitely try them out when I go there next time. :wink:

If you wish to go further beyond the area, take the same train and get down at Bukit Bintang station. That is where you can find our city centre filled with many major shopping malls like Pavilion, Fahrenheit 88, Lot 10, Sungei Wang, Berjaya Times Square and others.

Where is your favourite place for shopping and to hang out with your friends? Let me know my dropping a comment below!