Living Expenses is one of the major concern nowadays. To live here, will it be enough with the money I earn or will it require me to eat maggi everyday just to save up for the rent and such? These are some of the questions that might have crossed your mind when you’re deciding on where to live.
Living in Serdang for three years now makes me brave enough to make my own conclusion.
Lets discuss based on the chart provided above
As for me, the foods pricing here is reasonable and affordable. You can always found a complete meal with the budget of RM10 per meal. It can also be cheaper, depends on your choices. If you’re buying groceries, there’s also nearby supermarket and the price is affordable as there are more supermarket, so the pricing wont go that high. I can say that you can allocate around RM450 per month for food. It might be cheaper if you cook yourself.
The housing area here is not fixed to one standard only. It’s mixed. If you’re single and students, you can just rent the room for cheaper price. And you can get it as low as RM150 per month for room renting. But if you’re thinking to rent a house, the cost will be around RM1000 per month.
What I mean activities here is entertainment, on where to look for an entertainment or to relax your mind and have some fun. As Serdang has its own KTM station, its easier to go anywhere, but the easiest to go are The Mines and ioi City Mall. It is affordable if you wanna spend for once a month but for every week, it might be a little more go off budget. But if you just want to go for movie, I believe that’ll be just fine.
Instead of going for the goods, I rather talk on the transportation. As I mentioned, Serdang has its own KTM and its also stationed near the bustop and taxi station. The taxi fare might be a little too high, so I suggest you to take the taxi with meter, it’ll cost you cheaper actually.
here some to an additional info
Restaurants (Average Range -RM- )
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant (7.50 - 12.00)
- Meal for 2, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course (30.00 - 50.00)
- Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) (8.00 - 10.00)
- Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) (10.00 - 12.00)
- Cappuccino (regular) (6.00 - 10.00)
- Water (0.33 liter bottle) (1.00 - 1.20)
Markets (Average Range -RM-)
- Milk (regular), (1 liter) (4.50 - 6.00)
- Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g) (2.30 - 4.00)
- Rice (white), (1kg) (2.00 - 4.50)
- Eggs (12) (4.00 - 4.40)
- Local Cheese (1kg) (30.00 - 50.00)
- Chicken Breasts (Boneless, Skinless), (1kg) (7.00 - 9.00)
- Apples (1kg) (5.00 - 10.00)
- Oranges (1kg) (5.00 - 10.00)
- Tomato (1kg) (3.00 - 4.00)
- Potato (1kg) (3.00 - 4.00)
- Lettuce (1 head) (1.00 - 4.00)
- Water (1.5 liter bottle) (1.50 - 2.00)
- Bottle of Wine (Mid-Range) (30.00 - 40.00)
- Domestic Beer (0.5 liter bottle) (10.00 - 15.00)
- Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) (10.00 - 18.00)
- Pack of Cigarettes (Marlboro) (11.00 - 13.00)
Transportation (Averang Range -RM-)
- One-way Ticket (Local Transport) (2.00)
- Monthly Pass (Regular Price) (50.00 - 70.00)
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff) (3.00 - 5.00)
- Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff) (0.60 - 1.00)