Is studying in singapore as expensive as studying in australia?

Hi all

im considering to study in singapore. But my friends are telling me that singapore uni’s are now as expensive as australia :scream:

anybody have any data or numbers to validate this?

A friend of mine studies BA of Accountancy in Singapore at the Singapore Management University… the tuition fee for the entire course is about SGD 150,000 which is really expensive. I don’t know, maybe it’s because SMU is a private uni, does anybody knows how’s the tuition fee in public unis?

@grapesreed If you compare the cost of education in Singapore versus popular study destinations like US, UK and Australia, Singapore is actually quite affordable. I read a study by AIA in Singapore and average cost of education in Singapore for a standard 3-year degree is about S$93k, versus S$175k (UK), S$202k (US) and S$153k (AU). So, it’s actually quite okay lor to study in Singapore. Food nice, weather also nice :slight_smile:

@grapesreed study abroad of course expensive la, no matter where. If got money no problem la, anywhere also can go :wink:

if you want cheap, come Malaysia study la, don’t go SG; Malaysia cheaper ma :grin:

@nippynosy No necessarily… Still depending on what course or uni you enrolled in. My friend study in Taiwan only RM100+ per subject and I’m taking ADP in Malaysia for RM1500+ per subject…
When I hear him complaining retake a subject need to pay extra RM100+ and i feel like slapping him left, right, up, down. :imp:

1 Like

@GoldenFinger Haha

2 Likes

Even Europe is expensive but agree with all above… in the end it depends also on your lifestyle etc, and btw the majority of unis offer scholarship or any sort of financial help during studies :wink:

Seeing the Ringgit Malaysia dropping like nobody’s business. I feel like not going any further from Malaysia ler… And I know my result won’t be that good to get a scholarship… haiz…

ikr…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
I’m coming from Europe & wanna do my MA degree here in Malaysia… Malaysia might seem not good enough for locals but for people outside it seems like a great option :wink: