How to get to IMU: A Transport Guide

Just posting this in case people were wondering how to get to IMU.

While it’s not exactly difficult, it seems like there’s enough people that don’t know the way that it warrants for a guide.

To quote someone I know

I’ve worked around Bukit Jalil Stadium for quite some time… and I literally had no idea that IMU was just a street down the road.

- Anonymous

LRT
The easiest method to travel to IMU is arguably through LRT. The nearest station to the campus is Sri Petaling station, which is one of the end stations of the RapidKL LRT. Do note to take the train labeled "Sri Petaling" and not "Ampang" as that will lead you to another terminal.

After you reached and got out of the station, look to your left and you should see a pedestrian bridge. Cross that bridge and you’ll literally end up at the back entrance of IMU.

KTM
If you are taking the KTM, you can travel to Bank Negara or Bandar Tasik Selatan (BTS) KTM station, and transit to Bandaraya (requires some walking) or BTS LRT station respectively. From there just follow the guidelines above.

Monorail
If you are taking the monorail, you can transit at Hang Tuah monorail station to the LRT station, and follow the same as above.

Kelana Jaya LRT
For Kelana Jaya LRT, make your transit at the Masjid Jamek Station, and follow the same as above.

Click here a map of all the klang valley integrated rail system should you find yourself lost.

Hope that helps!

If you have any issues please feel free to ask them here! :smiley:

it is seriously just down the street near Bukit Jalil Stadium? I’ve been there several times and this is the first time I’ve heard about IMU being nearby. :sweat_smile:

exactly!

hahaha but to your (and my friend’s) defense, IMU isn’t exactly a big university, so at a glance one might mistaken it as an office corporate building ^^"

Huh? Same! @miszquiet
I take LRT for so long time already still didn’t know IMU is near Bukit Jalil station. :sweat_smile:

It takes how long time from cheras station to sri petaling station?