Health Series: WORKOUT MOTIVATION

So we all know law students are the “most uptight” bunch of all right? WRONG. But assuming we are… all we need is a little workout session to de-stress ourselves.

Here are some motivational quotes from amazing people to get your lazy butt on that treadmill:
:smiley:

Patricia Knudsen

“I’m not going to lie, there are many days where I’m super lazy and unmotivated. What helps me get started is by eating healthy first and then doing a workout. That in turn makes me want to eat healthy again because of all the hard work and time I put into myself. Do you see how it goes on in a positive cycle? Suck it up now, so you don’t have to suck it in later!”

Lexie Rodriguez

“The most important thing I learned with being an ex-professional dancer and being in a full time ballet school from when I was 14 years old to 18 years old, is consistency. Our bodies have muscle memory and I was always told that if I did intense workouts for a few weeks only to stop and pick it up again after a few weeks, my muscles will lose its kinaesthetic intelligence. Essentially, every time you start working out again, it’s like you’re back to square one! My biggest motivation? I don’t want to go back to square one! It’s too much hard work.”

Amber Chia

“I played all kinds of sports at school so it has carried over into my adult life, I think starting your active life young will automatically become your motivation. I also get people around me to challenge me to get active. For example, I’ll make a date with my husband to go to the gym and we will both be motivated to make sure we keep the date.”

Candice Swanepoel

Short and sweet: “For me, mixing workouts like boxing, jump rope, and basic ballet works best”

Karlie Kloss

“I cherish my workouts. They recharge me mentally and physically so I do my best to prioritise them, even if it’s a quick sweat in a hotel gym with hand weights and stretch bands. Nothing is better than working up a good sweat to keep that balance.”

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

“To keep motivated I find that alternating work outs and mixing interval, low and high intensity training really helps. I love to mix in Pilates and fun dance classes too.”

And…that’s a wrap to all you amazing people up there, now GET OFF, GET OFF this screen and get your lazy bum to the treadmill!!! I repeat, this is NOT A DRILL.