College life: eating out v/s preparing your meals

As a student, eating out is preferred for different reasons. It can be seen as an opportunity to hang out with friends, try different cuisines and most importantly save time on cleaning up after the meal preparation as opposed to if it was done at home.
However, I prefer preparing my own meals for the following reasons:

1. After a hectic day, cooking acts as a stress reliever. This is because when you cook, it stimulates your senses and contributes in the release of endorphins-the happy hormone😁 which helps het rid of the tension built up during the day.
  2. Better hygiene is assured when you prepare your own food which cannot be matched even by reputed restaurants. This is one of the many reasons why a lot of people get sick after eating out.
  3. More affordable pricing because the ingredients required to prepare the dish itself does not even cost half of the price at which it is usually sold in a restaurant. Hence, preparing your own food can help save your budget.
  4. Better quality of the food is ensured in terms of taste and nutritional value because fresh ingredients are always used when preparing food at home as compared to restaurants.
  5. It is healthier to eat food that is home made given the fact that is has a lower calorie index and can help in reducing your calorie consumption.
    As the saying goes on, eating is a necessity, but cooking is an art. Don’t hesitate to grab your apron and start experimenting in the kitchen!
2 Likes

Wise words. Indeed it’s better to make your own food,saves a lot of money in the long run.

1 Like

I totally agree with you!

1 Like