Welcome to EasyUni forums. On this page you will find:
- The rules
- Community Guidelines
- Be cool. Don’t post porn and insulting, bullying, victim-blaming, racist, sexist or homophobic remarks.
- Don’t spam.
- Stay on topic. Don’t hijack topics.
- Constructive criticism is welcome. Hostile trolls will be eaten.
- Like the good posts, Flag the bad posts.
- Don’t post e-mail addresses, phone numbers, home addresses, and other personal & confidential information.
- Solicitation (the act of offering, or attempting to purchase, goods or services) is not allowed.
- Do not post stuff you do not have the right to post.
- We have the right to delete an account or content at any time for any reason.
This is a short list of FAQ. If you have any other question about EasyUni forums, go ahead and post in the Meta category.
1) Who are the Admins/Moderators?
Feel free to tag them when you need any assistance. We will try our best to reply you.
2) I’ve a question but it seems not so relevant to any of the topics, where should I ask?
Maybe Kopitiam category is the right place.
3) How to add your university or college as one of the categories?
Contact Admins/Moderators and request a category be created.
4) How to Private Message someone?
PM function is only available for users who have engaged on the forums - post and/or contribute to at least 5 posts and read at least 10 posts so that you can unlock the feature.
You can a person by clicking on his/her name or search that person’s name in at top right corner.
5) What are these numbers at the bottom of every page for?
It’s not date. Just like an elevator, it indicates the “Floor Level”. By clicking it, you can select which post you want to go to.
1 means the first post, the 17 means the total number of post.
You can go to the “Top” and the “Bottom” of the page immediately using that “Elevator” too.
6) Are there any Keyboard Shortcuts?
Yes, there are. “Keyboard Shortcuts” is a must to make you look like a pro.
In case you forget the shortcuts, press SHIFT+/ (means ‘?’ LAH…) to view it again.
You are welcome.
Improve the Discussion
Help us make this Malaysia’s #1 place for discussion about higher education - universities and colleges in Malaysia and abroad, admission tips, choosing a university or course, etc.
Try to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.
The topics discussed here matter to us, and we want you to act as if they matter to you, too. Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said.
One way to improve the discussion is by discovering ones that are already happening. Please spend some time browsing the topics here before replying or starting your own, and you’ll have a better chance of meeting others who share your interests.
Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree
You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:
- Ad hominem attacks.
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
- Knee-jerk contradiction.
Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.
Your Participation Counts
The conversations we have here set the tone for everyone. Help us influence the future of this community by choosing to engage in discussions that make this forum an interesting place to be — and avoiding those that do not.
There are tools that enable the community to collectively identify the best (and worst) contributions: likes, bookmarks, flags, replies, edits, and so forth. Use these tools to improve your own experience, and everyone else’s, too.
Let’s try to leave our park better than we found it.
If You See a Problem, Flag It
Moderators have special authority; they are responsible for this forum. But so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators, not just janitors or police.
When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it. If enough flags accrue, action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.
In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time. Moderators do not preview new posts in any way; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.
Always Be Civil
Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness:
- Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
- Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
- Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
These are not concrete terms with precise definitions — avoid even the appearance of any of these things.
This is a public forum, and search engines index these discussions. Keep the language, links, and images safe for family and friends.
Keep It Tidy
Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:
- Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
- Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
- Don’t post no-content replies.
- Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.
- Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button.
Post Only Your Own Stuff
You may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law.
Powered by You
This site is operated by your friendly local staff and you, the community. If you have any further questions about how things should work here, open a new topic in the meta category and let’s discuss! If there’s a critical or urgent issue that can’t be handled by a meta topic or flag, contact us.